GIỚI THIỆU BÀI HỌC
Contents - What is tag question? - Tag questions with different tenses - Tag questions with modal verbs - Problematic tag questions
NỘI DUNG BÀI HỌC
I. What is tag question?
- Do you like coffee?
- Do you like me?
- Do you do a lot of exercise?
- You like coffee, don't you?
- You like me, don't you?
- You do a lot of exercise, don't you?
II. Tag questions with different tenses
- Does she go to school every day?
- She goes to school every day, doesn't she?
- Will they come here tomorrow?
- They will come here tomorrow, won't they?
- Is Tom learning French?
- Tom is learning French, isn't he?
- Liza wasn't sleeping last night, was she?
- They didn't come, did they?
- I'm the only person, am I not?
- I'm the only person, aren't I?
III. Tag questions with modal verbs
- You can do this, can't you?
- I must do this, mustn't I?
- She shouldn't have eaten so much, should she?
IV. Problematic tag questions
- Let's go to the cinema, shall we?
- Let's go to the cinema, shan't we?
- Somebody called me, didn't they?
- That's a nice car, isn't it?
- Tom never goes to church, does he?
- It's never too late, is it?
In the test
1. She was possibly the greatest writer of her generation, _________?
A. is she B. isn't she C. was she D. wasn't she
2. Tom rarely reads any books, _________?
A. does he B. doesn't he C. did he D. didn't he