GIỚI THIỆU BÀI HỌC
- Khái niệm liên từ
- Liên từ chỉ ý nghĩa thêm vào
- Liên từ chỉ ý nghĩa tương phản
- Liên từ chỉ nguyên nhân
- Liên từ chỉ kết quả
- Các cặp liên từ
- Cách dùng dấu câu đi kèm với liên từ
NỘI DUNG BÀI HỌC
Bài 6: CONJUNCTIONS
- Cinjunctions of addition
- Conjunctions of contrast
- Conjunctions of reasons
- Conjunctions of results
- Pair conjunctions
- Comma or Full stop?
Conjunctions of addition
- and, too, also, as well
- futhermore, moreover, besides
1. He's tall and handsome. He's intelligent too.
2. She's a hard-working student. Furthermore, she gets on well with all her classmates.
Conjunctions of contrast
- although, though
- despite, in spite of
- while, whereas
- however, nevertheless, nonetheless
1. He's handsome, but he smells bad.
2. He's handsome. However, I can't stand his smell.
Conjunctions of reasons
- because, as, since, for
- because of, owing to, due to, thanks to
1. As I was late, the teacher didn't let me in.
2. Because of an accident, I couldn't come to class.
Conjunctions of results
- therefore, thus
- as a result/consequence
1. He studied hard, so he passed.
2. He studied hard. As a result, he passed.
1. He's not only handsome but also hard-working.
2. We can either stay or leave.
3. Tom neither likes nor hates English. He just doesn't care.
Comma or Full stop?
- and, but, so
- moreover, however, therefore
1. He's handsome, and he's very sociable.
2. He's handsome. Moreover, he's very sociable.
3. He played hard, so he was tired.
4. He played hard. Therefore, he was tired.