GIỚI THIỆU BÀI HỌC
Ý nghĩa và cách dùng cấu trúc so sánh:
- So sánh hơn và so sánh nhất
- Các hình thức bất quy tắc trong so sánh
- So sánh với trạng từ
- Cách lập câu so sánh
- Những từ có ý nghĩa nhấn mạnh khi so sánh
NỘI DUNG BÀI HỌC
- Comparatives & Superlatives
- Irregular forms
- Making comparisons
Comparatives & Superlatives
- One syllable words:
long - longer - the longest
big - bigger - the biggest
dry - drier - the driest
- Two or more syllables:
modern - more modern - the most modern
interesting - more interesting - the most interesting
- Special cases:
+ common - commoner - the commonest
+ common - more common - the most common
+ easy, pretty, lazy
- Same rules with adjectives
+ Could you drive more slowly, please?
+ Can you work more quickly?
+ He studies harder than I do.
+ He ran faster than other competitors.
+ Jim arrived later than most guests.
+ The teacher could speak louder than all students.
than & auxiliaries
- Mary is better than Monica.
- Mary is a better player than Monica.
- Mary plays better than Monica does.
- Mary plays better than Monica.
- You've done more work than I have.
- You've done more work than me.
more & less
- This game is more interesting than the last one.
- This game is less interesting than that one.
- Mary is as good as Cathy.
- Mary is as good a player as Cathy.
- Cathy is not so/as good as Mary.
- Cathy is not so/as good a player as Mary.
a bit, much, a lot, far
- This house is much/ a lot/ far bigger than that one.
- The Italian film was much more interesting than this one.
- That film was far less frightening than this one.