GIỚI THIỆU BÀI HỌC
Mệnh đề quan hệ:
- Mệnh đề quan hệ với dạng -ing và -ed
- "What" được xem như 1 đại từ quan hệ
- Một số đại từ quan hệ khác
NỘI DUNG BÀI HỌC
Bài 16: RELATIVE CLAUSES (PHẦN 2)
- Relative clauses with an -ing and -ed form
- "What" as a relative pronoun
- Other relative pronouns
Relative clauses with an -ing & -ed form
The man who is sleeping on the bench is Mark.
- The man sleeping on the banch is Mark.
The students who are leaving tomorrow must assemble now.
- The students leaving tomorrow must assemble now.
The new plan which was proposed by Tim is an excellent one.
- The new plan proposed by Tim is an excellent one.
The exercise that was given to us is very difficult.
- The exercise given to us is very difficult.
"What" as a relative pronoun
- We didn't understand what she said.
- What I want now is a cup of tea.
What = the thing that
Whatever, whoever, wherever
- Wherever you are, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you.
- You can ask for help whenever you need it.
- However you look at this, you can never find a fault.
- However hard he tired, he could not find the trace.
In the test
1. You may borrow as many books as you like, provided you show them to ______ is at the desk.
2. ______ many times I tell him, he always forgets to pass on phone messages.