GIỚI THIỆU BÀI HỌC
Động từ kép:
- Động từ kép có 2 thành phần
- Động từ kép có 3 thành phần
NỘI DUNG BÀI HỌC
Bài 12: PHRASAL VERBS
- Phrasal verbs with two parts
- Phrasal verbs with three parts
Phrasal verbs with two parts
We'll call for you about 8.00 so please be ready.
I called on Professor Jones and wished her a Happy Birthday.
Could you deal with this customer's problem please?
Tom couldn't understand what his boss was getting at.
Peter was ill with flu, but he's getting over it now.
The escaped prisoners are thought to be heading for London.
When she started dancing, everyone joined in.
The brakes on your car need seeing to.
I will not stand for so much talking.
Karen takes after her mother.
Phrasal verbs with three parts
1. You can rest now and catch up with us later.
2. You're going too fast! I can't catch up!
3. Sheila has decided to cut down on holidays this year.
4. You're eating too many sweets. You should cut down.
5. Let's drop in on David while we're in Paris.
6. The next time you're nearby, please do drop in!
7. James doesn't get on well with his maths teacher.
8. We work in the same office, but we don't get on.
9. You're going too fast! I can't keep up with you.
10. Party finds this class difficult, and can't keep up.
11. The film didn't live up to our expectation.
12. I'm looking forward to going on holiday this year.
13. Our hotel room looks out onto the lake.
14. I can't put up with all this noise!
15. I think the car is about to run out of petrol!
16. There isn't any more milk. We've run out.
In the test
1. Hello. Is that 672748? Please put me ________ to the manager.
across - up - over - through
2. When I heard the terrible noise he asked me what was ________ on.
happening - being - getting - going